Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Covering all my bases..

Some of you may follow my photography blog (www.freckles-fotography@blogspot.com) or follow me on facebook.. but maybe some of you dont.
Tomorrow is Kit kats 3rd birthday, and as with all birthdays, I have been nostalgic and remember how it once was and amazed at how far we have come!
If you knew me 3 years ago tomorrow, I was tired, whiny, round with child and grumpy. I felt as if an alien had taken over my life and I wanted it back. Katharine came into this world fast and furiously. Thank GOD! She had a knot in her cord and I was told its a good thing she came 4 weeks early... 7lbs 5oz of pure joy. Man could you imagine if she had come on her due date.. I would have had a 13 pounder for sure ;)
Acid reflux, Colic, Dairy allergy, Not sleeping through the night till 15 months. All of these things are long forgotten and replaced with, Singing, dancing, laughing, playing with bubba. She is a funny, goofy carbon copy of her mommy. She loves everything Pink and dresses.. but she wants to wear transformer tattoos like her brother and play in the dirt. *She loves singing along to the radio.
*Her best friend: Keira
*She loves school
*Eats asparagus
*talks in her sleep
and has the kindest spirit. I think she will be a dancer or in gymnastics, but then again you have to have grace and while she is graceful..its usually while falling down or running into a wall.
And to think.. when you would have asked me 4 years ago what I wanted a boy or a girl.. I said I hope its a boy..because I dont want a teenage girl.. What was I thinking.. What are a few years of teenage attitude when compared to a lifetime of unconditional love.
Happy birthday Katharine Marie, You make me a better mommy and I love you.



No comments: