Sunday, May 11, 2008

T-Ball, Moving up and drumming

I know its been forever since I posted but as always my time has been consumed.
Jakob has started T-ball. He is doing great and it is so cool to see him actually playing the game. Not just batting the ball.
He has Practices on Tuesday nights and games every Saturday. So far he has had 3 games.
The first one was a little rocky and quite humorous. The ones after that went much smoother.

I have pictures that I ll post in the next post.

Along with T-ball we have been preparing for Summer.
Jakob had his end of the year, moving up program at school Wednesday night.
It was a great ceremony. I loved seeing all the kids interacting with each other and to see them singing and dancing. We got lots of video and pictures.
They had a under the sea theme and they all wore beachy or Hawaiian shirts.
Jakob received a scrapbook from his buddies. It chronicles his year through Pre-k. It is really cute and the girls did a great job on it. Dustin was really impressed with it as well.
Now Summer has began and I must find things to entertain my almost 4 year old full of energy boy. Any suggestions??

Katharine is doing great. She is all over the place and you must keep a constant eye on her. I never had to watch Jakob so closely(even though I did)
She climbs on everything and is faster than a cheetah at doing it.
You would think that I beat her or something because her little chicken legs are covered in bruises from falling down or running in to things.
She can count to 10 and say her ABC's with assistance of coarse.
She loves to dance and jump around.

Jakobs 4 th birthday is in 2 weeks and I am amazed every day at how fast he is growing. I know the years will go quicker and all but I wish I could freeze time right now. He is pretty self sufficient but still needs my reassurance and I love that. He is such a happy kid. He is really into Thomas the train. I think he would play upstairs by himself with his trains all day if I let him. He also adores his sister. They are practically inseparable. I dont mind though, I am enjoying this time because i know before long they will be yelling at each other to stay away and keep out of each others rooms and whatever else siblings fight about.
Dustin and I are doing great.
I keep busy with the kids and have slowly began to get involved with the new Ministry group we have started within our Bible study group. We are dedicated in helping Mothers in Crisis, the Homeless and the Elderly. We are small but have big plans. I am so excited to be a part of it and look forward to what God puts in our path.
Dustin played with the worship band at church today for the first time. He had to be there at 7 and was done at 12. He played through 3 services. He did amazing and I am so proud of him. The crowd of 3k didnt even phase him. He has such an amazing gift from God in his music. I couldnt be more proud!!!
That about sums it up. In the future weeks I will be getting ready for Jakobs birthday party Memorial Day weekend and for the Dauphines move to Canada(this one I am not looking to forward to)
I ll have pics and vids in the next post. Have a great day!!

No comments: