Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

photo from www.origins-photography.co.uk
Thankful: feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.


In the darkness of our economy's downward spiral it is hard to find things to be thankful for. But we need to find the light and take a step back . Look at your life and evaluate the things that you do have. Take stock in the things that don't cost money such as Family. Be thankful for the opportunities that you may have with your family. The chance to help mold a young mind. Teach a child right from wrong. Even smaller matters such as teaching patience and compassion disguised as teaching your son how to ride a bike. These are all things we should be thankful for.
Here are the things I am thankful for today:


  • I am thankful that I live in a country where I am not persecuted for disagreeing with others on issues that matter most to me such as religion, political views, Economical views. I can create a web page, blog, newsletter, or article expressing my likes or dislikes of our current leaders. I can read my Bible in a public venue without the fear of being bludgeoned to death or taken to jail.

  • I am thankful that I am able to stay at home and raise my children.

  • I am thankful for music. It is the fuel for my body and mind. I liken it to a drug(the legal kind) one that changes a bad mood with one cord or a lyric that takes your mind to a place that you thought you would never go.

  • I am thankful for the chance to vote for the next leader of my country. I must admit this will be my first time voting in a presidential election(though I have been eligible for the past 2) I feel that I have the facts and I have done my homework and I am prepared to make an educational decision.

These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for today. It is much easier to be thankful and re evaluate your life than it is to be hateful and spiteful.

What are you Thankful for today??



2 comments:

Mama Jean said...

I am thankful that my children and grand children have friends and family like you,Dustin,Jacob and Kathryn in their lives. You are so impportant to them,
Thank you,Mama Jean

Kim H. said...

I'm thankful for the Starbucks pumping through me right now so I can keep my job. :-)

Seriously - I'm thankful for so much:
A God that loves me and provides just what I neeed.
A husband that also loves me and supports me.
A friend (you) that stops to remind us how fortunate we really are.